February 9, 2009

The Day after my wedding.

Wow. The blog begins. Thanks for reading. It is my goal to be very real and to reveal the heart of God in this blog. Today I want to share a cool moment in my life with you. You will find that I simply love a good story.

Ephesians 3:20 says, God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we can think, ask, or imagine. That scriptures rocks my world. That means I can't even imagine what God has planned for you and I.

Today, I watched as my precious wife underwent surgery for her wisdom teeth. Why those teeth are called "wisdom" I will never know? During the hour and a half procedure I waited nervously outside. When it was all done there she was swollen cheeks and all. No matter what she is still gorgeous. I helped her into the car and thought how truly blessed I was to have her.

I remember the day we got married. It was Sept. 29, 1990. We were just kids. We had dated for 1 year and 3 months. I knew the day I met her she would be mine. LOL. I hoped she felt the same. The day after our wedding we were in the mountains of NC. I went outside to do my devotions. I went about 100 yards from the little cabin we had rented. I grabbed my bible for some Jesus time. Then I realized I had brought the wrong bible for my honey moon. I meant too bring my regular bible. I had brought one by accident that I had used in high school. As I sat down to pray on a tree stump a note fell out onto the ground. I picked up the note and began to read. It was a list I had written at 16 years old when I sold out to God. You see I had heard that God would give you the desires of your heart. So I had written a note describing my future spouse. I described her looks (lol), I know, I know. Remember, I was 16. I went on to describe her spirit, smile, and style. I had made a detailed look even down to the color of her eyes. When I read the list I began to weep. God had done it. He had given me the desires of my heart.

You see I am a foolish dreamer. I am an optimist. I believe in favor. Most of all I believe God likes me. I think he even laughs at my jokes. God has chosen us all to dream big, and trust even more. If you ask Him with a pure heart and pure motives- He will take care of you. Just Imagine. Then God takes care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment